To download all episodes of a podcast on your iPhone, there are a couple of methods you can use. The first method involves using iTunes, while the second method utilizes the Overcast app. Follow these steps for each method:
Method 1: Using iTunes
- Open the iTunes app on your iPhone.
- Locate the podcast you want to download all episodes of by going to the Podcasts section.
- Tap on the podcast to open it.
- Look for the "File" option in the top menu and select it.
- From the dropdown menu, choose "Download Episodes."
By following these steps, all episodes of the selected podcast will be downloaded to your iPhone for offline listening.
Method 2: Using Overcast
- Ensure you have the Overcast app installed on your iPhone. If not, download it from the App Store and sign in or create an account.
- Open the Overcast app.
- Find the podcast you wish to download all episodes of in your library and tap on it to open its details.
- Look for the cloud icon with an arrow pointing down. Tap on it to start downloading all available episodes.
By using the Overcast app, you can conveniently download all episodes of the chosen podcast and enjoy them offline at your convenience.
Both of these methods offer easy ways to download all episodes of a podcast on your iPhone, providing you with a seamless listening experience without the need for an internet connection. Whether you prefer the simplicity of iTunes or the features of Overcast, you can enjoy your favorite podcasts on the go.
Remember to check your device's storage capacity to ensure you have enough space for all the downloaded episodes. Enjoy your podcast listening experience!
Where are podcasts stored on iPhone?
Podcasts on iPhone are stored within the Podcasts app. When you want to download episodes, follow these steps:
- Open the desired podcast episode and tap the "Share" button.
- Select "Copy Link" from the options provided.
- Open the Podcasts app and go to the "Library" tab.
- Navigate to the "Episodes" section within the library.
- Tap the "+" (plus) button.
- Use the "Paste" option to add the copied link.
- The episode will then be downloaded and added to your library.
This allows you to access and enjoy your chosen podcasts offline, right from your iPhone.
Why are my apple podcasts not downloading?
If your Apple podcasts aren't downloading, several factors could be at play. Poor internet connection is a common culprit. Ensure you have a stable network before attempting downloads. Additionally, a glitch in the podcast episode itself might hinder downloads. Delete and retry downloading the episode to troubleshoot. Should the problem persist, reach out to Apple Support for expert assistance. They can guide you through potential solutions to get your podcasts back on track.
Why does Apple podcast download old episodes?
Apple podcast downloads old episodes to provide a comprehensive listening experience. When you subscribe to a podcast, the app fetches older episodes to offer a complete archive. This benefits users who join later or want to catch up. Additionally, downloading all episodes at once may consume significant data and storage. The optimal method is to subscribe through a podcast app, ensuring new releases are auto-downloaded. This seamless approach ensures you stay up-to-date without overwhelming your device. Remember, subscribing enhances convenience and ensures you enjoy a steady flow of content.
How do I change the download settings on my podcast?
To change the download settings for your podcast, follow these steps:
- Open Podcasts App: Launch the Podcasts app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Go to Library: Tap on the "Library" tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Podcast: Choose the podcast you want to adjust the settings for.
- Tap Settings: Look for the three-dot icon (•••) or "Settings" near the podcast's name and tap on it.
- Adjust Download Settings: In the settings menu, locate the "Download Episodes" or similar option. You can choose settings like "All Episodes," "Most Recent," or "Off" to customize your download preferences.
- Manage Storage: If storage is an issue, ensure you have enough space by deleting old podcasts and files from your device. Go to your device's settings, then "General" > "iPhone/iPad Storage," and clear unnecessary files.
- Confirm Changes: After adjusting the download settings, exit the menu to save your changes.
Remember, managing storage is essential to ensure uninterrupted podcast downloads.
Do podcasts download automatically?
Yes, podcasts can download automatically on Apple Podcasts. To initiate the download process, follow these steps:
- Open the desired podcast episode and tap on the "Share" button.
- Select "Copy Link" from the options provided.
- Open the Podcasts app and navigate to the "Library" tab.
- Tap on the "Episodes" tab to view your episodes.
- Click the "+" button, and then tap on the "Paste" button to add the episode to your library. The podcast will now be downloaded automatically for you to enjoy offline.
How do I bulk delete downloaded podcasts?
To bulk delete downloaded podcasts, follow these steps:
For iPhone/iPad Podcasts app:
- Open the Podcasts app and go to the Library tab.
- Tap the Episodes tab.
- Click the Edit button in the top-right corner.
- Select the podcasts you want to delete.
- Tap the Delete button to remove them in bulk.
For Mac/PC iTunes app:
- Open iTunes and select "Podcasts" from the drop-down menu.
- Click "My Podcasts" and choose the "Episodes" tab.
- Press Command (Mac) or Ctrl (PC) and click to select multiple podcasts.
- Right-click and choose "Delete from Library" to bulk delete.
Which podcast app is best?
In my opinion, the best podcast app is Pocket Casts. It stands out with its great design, user-friendly interface, and abundance of features. Moreover, Pocket Casts consistently keeps up-to-date with the latest podcasts. Give it a try and enjoy an excellent podcast listening experience.
Is Spotify podcast free?
Yes, Spotify offers a wide range of podcasts that are free to listen to.